Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Little LOVE on a Banner and Vintage Suitcases in our Bay Window

We really are lucky to have found our house for it, truly, has some great features and the bay window in our kitchen is definitely one of them!

There hasn't been a display in this window that I haven't fallen in love with, yet and this Valentine's day one can be added to my list.
 A "Country Living" tablecloth was used for the decorative base.

A Valentine snow couple, a pair of salt dough hearts and faux silk roses (which come in real handy when real ones are not an option) create the vintage suitcase vignette.

The red rose, shadow box, framed heart was an Etsy find and the plaque was a $2 Goodwill score.

The shabby ribbon, adorning the votive, is left over fabric from place mats that I recently made. A flower in the shape of a heart was made from five, silk, rose petals, a tiny rose bud with a few faux leaves and a single pearl. It added a little "pop of red" to the heart, grapevine wreath.
My girls are "loves of my life!"

The "no sew" banner of Love couldn't have been easier to make. Scissors, some canvas, craft paint, a stencil and hot glue were used to make the letters...a clothesline rope suspends it and some jute twine with hand stamped ribbons accent it on the ends and in between...easy peasy!

Then I was worried that the tablecloth would fade from being exposed to the amount of light that it would be getting here, on a daily basis, and I decided to make a bit of a change.

This vintage, crocheted, table cover is in the window, now...

and I made a few changes on top of the suitcases, too.

Love birds in a winter nest and a single, faux rosebud that came from the bouquet in the milk glass vase created the final display.

And there's one last thing that I love about the change, with using the crocheted tablecloth, is that I love the way it hides a very distracting receptacle outlet!

For more of my bay window displays just use my search bar to find more seasonal inspirations.

2 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love your window seat and really love the minor changes you made.....really gives it a different feel. So pretty!

ornate splendor said...

Beautifully done, JP! Love the suitcase display, banner and burlap -- so pretty all together. Cheers, Catherine